- Decrease intake & increase expenditure of Calories. A deficit of 500 – 1000 Calories per day could result in a reduction of about 1 – 2 pounds per week. Exercise at least 3 times per week for at least 30 minutes. Building muscle also increases basal metabolism rate.
- Eat more fiber. Adding fiber can increase the bulk in the stomach and help you feel full with less food.
- Decrease both fat & sugar intake. One gram of dietary fat has more than twice the calories as one gram of carbohydrate.
- Reduce stress. Find relaxation methods that work for you to limit excessive eating triggered by stress.
- Eliminate boredom-eating. Make a list of at least ten things to do when you’re bored and post it on the refrigerator.
- Eat healthy foods. Fruits and vegetables have less calories and more vitamins and minerals than fast foods and processed meals.
- Eat small, frequent (but planned) meals. Don’t skip meals, which can result in binging.
- Eat slowly.
- Limit alcohol, sugar, chocolates, coffee and ice cream intake.
Losing weight is hard, maintaining the results are harder. In our clinic, we address both concerns. We can ask ourselves two questions “How to lose weight?” and “Is this the life I want to live forever in order to maintain my weight?” In our Weight Loss Program, we aim to deliver a result that will last a life time and the treatment approaches will be tailored individually, mainly with acupuncture and lifestyle modifications, to achieve a long term goal. Instead of “losing weight to enjoy life”, our principle is “enjoy life to lose weight” to make it sustainable and last.
1. Acupuncture can reduce the feeling of hunger. “Feeling hungry all the time” is one of the causes for weight gain.
2. Acupuncture can increase will power and being more mindful.
3. Acupuncture can increase fat metabolism.
4. Acupuncture can reduce the side effects caused by dieting.
5. Many cases of overweight are caused by primary underlying conditions. Acupuncture & Chinese medicine can harmonize & balance the body’s function and make patients healthier while losing weight at the same time.
6. Acupuncture can increase the fat metabolism to release glucose for energy and increase energy level.
7. An enjoyable modification to enrich life more and make it sustainable. Enjoy life to lose weight!
Rebounding is the most common problem in any weight loss programs. It is based on 2 mechanism.
1. Patients go back to the ex-lifestyle, which led them to having weight problems, therefore leads to a rebound as well.
2. Significant weight loss in a short period of time, which does not change the fatty cell size settings in the hypothalamus. Therefore, the fatty cells will try to regain the original size after the program and cause rebound.
During our weight loss program, instead of enforcing the healthy life style with disciplines, our approach is to make patients enjoy their new and healthy life style. This has successfully reduced the chance of rebound for most of our patients.
Acupuncture & Chinese herbal medicine treatment have been helping many over-weight and obese patients. They are certainly reasonable natural modalities that can reduce weight in a way that is healthier, more effective, and easier. However, “It works for many” doesn’t equate to “it works for you”. As for you, there is only one way to find out…
The number of sessions can vary from 10 to 40 or more, depends on the patients’ goal, condition, life style and determination.
We charge $80 per acupuncture session. There is a $40 fee for initial consultation at the first time of visit. All fees above subject to change without notice. Please call 403-233-0498 for the current rate.
Each individual will receive needles according to his/her own underlying conditions, such as withdrawal symptoms and the body’s constitution. Most of the acupuncture points don’t hurt. Patients will have a mosquito bite feeling instead. Some points tend to hurt more than the others; we would do those ones carefully to avoid any discomfort.
Thighs & legs tend to accumulate more fat for women, while abdomen builds up more for men. Acupuncture on those regions can enhance the lipolysis (the metabolism of fat) in local areas.
We charge $85 per acupuncture session. There is a $45 initial consultation fee in addition to the treatment fee. All fees above are subject to change without notice. Please call 403-233-0498 for current rate.
Alberta Health Care does not cover acupuncture. However, most company benefits cover acupuncture when treatment is provided through a Registered Acupuncturist. You may contact human resources department or the insurance company for the details, including the coverage amount for each session, and a year, what the cut off day of the year is, if a medical referral is required etc..
Congratulations, my friend, for getting to this material down here. Call 403-233-0498 to get a personal consultation for further information. This consultation charges $40, subject to change without notice, if you decide to participate our weight loss program.